You have to install guest-agent in each VM and then enable it, you can do that in the Proxmox VE Webinterface (GUI)
or via CLI:
qm set VMID --agent 1
On Linux you have to simply install the qemu-guest-agent, please refer to the documentation of your system.
We show here the commands for Debian/Ubuntu and Redhat based systems:
on Debian/Ubuntu based systems (with apt-get) run:
apt-get install qemu-guest-agent
and on Redhat based systems (with yum):
yum install qemu-guest-agent
Depending on the distribution, the guest agent might not start automatically after the installation.
Start it either directly with
systemctl start qemu-guest-agent
(should work for most distributions) or reboot the guest.
First you have to download the virtio-win driver iso (see Windows VirtIO Drivers).
Then install the virtio-serial driver:
- Attach the ISO to your windows VM (virtio-*.iso)
- Go to the windows Device Manager
- Look for “PCI Simple Communications Controller”
- Right Click -> Update Driver and select on the mounted iso in DRIVE:\vioserial\<OSVERSION>\ where <OSVERSION> is your Windows Version (e.g. 2k12R2 for Windows 2012 R2)
After that, you have to install the qemu-guest-agent:
- Go to the mounted ISO in explorer
- The guest agent installer is in the directory guest-agent
- Execute the installer with double click (either qemu-ga-x86_64.msi (64-bit) or qemu-ga-i386.msi (32-bit)
After that the qemu-guest-agent should be up and running. You can validate this in the list of Window Services, or in a PowerShell with:
PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-Service QEMU-GA Status Name DisplayName ------ ---- ----------- Running QEMU-GA QEMU Guest Agent
If it is not running, you can use the Services control panel to start it and make sure that it will start automatically on the next boot.
Testing that the communication with the guest agent is working
The communication with the guest agent takes place over a unix socket located in /var/run/qemu-server/<my_vmid>.qga You can test the communication qm agent:
qm agent <vmid> ping
if the qemu-guest-agent is correctly runnning in the VM, it will return without an error message.
命令 qm agent <vmid> <cmd> 此外还有qm guest qm agent就是qm guest cmd qm guest主要有下面四个 qm guest cmd qm guest exec qm guest exec-status qm guest passwd